Monday, June 29, 2009

Ute Meadow

From Journal -

My camera began to work again - yeah

I think our bad luck may be behind up I woke up this morning to a beautiful day. The sun is warm and will dry out our things.

We didn't end up leaving camp until 11 am. We decided to take the burro with us to Ute Meadow, unload the food and then take the burro to Miranda. I don't think this was the common route and I felt sorry for Juanito because he ad to go over s0 many rocky trials.

Downed sign

We only had 1 minor detour since the boys did not see the downed sign. We only went about 1.2 mile before we found our mistake. Oh yeah, there also was a mishap at finding the burro pen at Miranda. In any means we followed our plan and got Juanito dropped off. Some are very happy to be rid of Juanito. I thought he was alot better than he could have been. At least he didn't try to run off nor refuse to move.

Part of our crew with Juanito

The campsite we have at Ute Meadow where we will stay for 2 nights is not very nice at all. We have very little room to set tents and it is a muddy "washed out" area. The good news is that the boys are getting better about setting up camp.

The night was cold and the hot chocolate from breakfast was very good. We got to bet at 9:30 pm since we plan to get up at 4:30 am to get an early start for Baldy.

No comments:

Post a Comment