From Journal -
Today is the day! I spent most of today making sure the boys and I had all of our gear packed. 5pm came quite quickly.
Everyone was at the church on time, but took a long time to get all of the gear into the cars and go to the restroom. We left the Church at about 5:30 pm. I rode with the Lawrences and mentioned that I forgot to make sure that everyone had their boots. Sure enough, one scout had forgotten. Luckily we were able to pick them up and get to the Council before the bus loading. I was amazed at how well the loading of the buses went with nearly 50 people per bus and 4 buses. I have never seen such neat pack lines.
Today is the day! I spent most of today making sure the boys and I had all of our gear packed. 5pm came quite quickly.
Everyone was at the church on time, but took a long time to get all of the gear into the cars and go to the restroom. We left the Church at about 5:30 pm. I rode with the Lawrences and mentioned that I forgot to make sure that everyone had their boots. Sure enough, one scout had forgotten. Luckily we were able to pick them up and get to the Council before the bus loading. I was amazed at how well the loading of the buses went with nearly 50 people per bus and 4 buses. I have never seen such neat pack lines.
.
.
We rode with a crew and two other troops. The kids were well behaved. The "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: movies kept them quiet. The bus stopped first at a rest stop at 10:15 pm, then in Amarillo at a Truck Stop at 1:15 am. the folks at the store really geared up for the ~200 folks the descended upon them. We had one more stop at 3:30 am. Most folks stayed on the bus. We finally arrived at about 6:30 am.
It was difficult for most folks to sleep on the bus. It was cramped and just uncomfortable. One of our scouts was not feeling well and threw up 3 times. Luckily I had him prepare by emptying a ziplock. Good thing. I hope that he will be ok on the Trek (he just returned from Summer camp in Colorado and got a bug from the lake water).
We rode with a crew and two other troops. The kids were well behaved. The "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: movies kept them quiet. The bus stopped first at a rest stop at 10:15 pm, then in Amarillo at a Truck Stop at 1:15 am. the folks at the store really geared up for the ~200 folks the descended upon them. We had one more stop at 3:30 am. Most folks stayed on the bus. We finally arrived at about 6:30 am.
It was difficult for most folks to sleep on the bus. It was cramped and just uncomfortable. One of our scouts was not feeling well and threw up 3 times. Luckily I had him prepare by emptying a ziplock. Good thing. I hope that he will be ok on the Trek (he just returned from Summer camp in Colorado and got a bug from the lake water).
No comments:
Post a Comment