.
.
It was a very nice day with a temperature in the 80s.
.
.
The trail was as described at the link above. It was rocky and had some elevation changes. When I asked, the boys indicated it was "challenging".
.
.
Though the moys were mostly talking and not paying much attention to the environment around them, they did see a snake along the side of the trail. It was swishing its tail acting like a rattlesnake, but it was not a poisonous snake at all. We watched as it climbe into a tree. It was amazing how well it could climb.
.
You can see the body of the snake at the bottom of the picture, look at the tree trunk about 1/4 of the way up. It has a yellowish color..
.
The hike took us a bit less than 3 hours. On the way home we stopped at an Applebees and had lunch. I was glad the hike was over, since when we left the restaurant and headed back home the temperature had climbed into the 90s.
.
I was a bit concerned on this hike to see how my knee would do, especially because I forgot my hiking poles at home. I actually had no pian at all. I guess it wasn't enough downhills or miles to make it act up. I was happy.
.
.





No comments:
Post a Comment