Monday, July 6, 2009

On our way home

From Journal -

I woke up at 4:40 am. I was cold most of the night since I didn't use my sleeping bag. The boys all made it to the continental breakfast at 5:454 am, on time after making a pack line at the Welcome Center. Breakfast was a pastry, fruit and juice/coffee. It was enough to keep us until lunch in Amarillo at the Golden Corral.

Lunch was nice. The place was huge and was able to handle all of us and their regular crowd. All of the boys filled themselves. I had a salad (good to have some fresh greens) and a little bit of different types of dishes.

I think that lunch took a bit longer than planned, since we were not allowed off the bus on 6 hours back to Dallas. We stopped in Whitcha Falls for a driver rest, and we were a bit upset we could not get out. However, they did provide water for us, so we were ok.

We got back to the Council Center at 8 pm. It was great to see our loved ones. Unloading of the buss was easy, and after out "after" picture we all headed our separate ways home.

This will be a trip that we will not soon forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment