Thursday, July 2, 2009

Challenge Events and on to New Dean

From Journal -
I had to readjust several times during the night since I had a downhill slope. I was woken up by the yellow jackets at about 5 am. I got out of my tent at 6 and took a trip to the Red Roof Inn. There were 3 bucks grazing. I was able to watch them for quite awhile.
Three bucks at dawn
This morning the crew did the challenge events. They got progressively better in solving the puzzles. However, they really did not gel until the very end. They all had fun.
Trying to all get on the platform
Getting through the Spider Web
Giant ring finger

Getting across the chasm
Searchlight escape
The hike to New Dean was led by our Eagle scout. He did a great job planning the route. We made the 4.7 miles in 2 hours. We stayed at campsite 2 which was a big field. The wind was blowing very hard when we set up camp, but the boys did a great job and got everything set up in 45 minutes.
After camp set up the boys went exploring and I took a nap. Dinner was chicken & rice which was our best yet. We had Chips Ahoy for desert.
Cooking dinner
I went to bed at 8:30 pm since I was so tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment