Saturday, January 10, 2009

I now have boots!!

I called REI today and asked if they had their new shipment of boots in. When I was there a week ago, they didn't have very much selection. Unfortunately they have not. They will get the new shippments in another week.

When I was at the REI shop in Plano they did have a pair of the REI brand full leather boots in womens size 9 that did fit well. I sort of kicked myself for not buying them then since they fit well, and they were on sale for $109 (regularly $199). I asked the salesperson on the phone, and the boots were still there and he would put them at the front for me.

My son and I went to REI after running some other errands and I had no problems to return the boots I purchased on line and purchase the REI ones (this is why I love REI). The best thing about it is that REI refunded the difference $130 to my credit card.

I got the boots home and put them on. They fit as well as I remembered in the store. I have been wearing them for the past 3 hours around the house, and I took a walking trip to CVS down the road for a test "drive". I think these will do well for me. They will need some breaking in because the front of my legs above the ankles hurt from the stiff top of the boot. They are also quite warm, and my feet did begin to swell, but they are still comfortable. We are planning a hike again tomorrow, so I will know for sure, but I think I found a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment