Sunday, January 18, 2009

Another 5+ Miles on my boots

This weekend the troop went camping at Camp James Ray. The new youth troop leaders received training and others in the troop learned to make fire, and took a short hike to the lake. Our campsite was close to the Fry center and a heated bathroom, so I took advantage of that instead of the in camp latrine. I wore a pedometer that is ok in accuracy (usually shows too much) and I logged 5+ miles on Saturday. My left boot gave me pain on my left leg, at the top of where the boot hit. My right boot caused me no problems. This is different than my first 5 mile hike. I didn't wear my orthodics and I am sure this had something to do with it. I will have to continue to work to refine the set up.

Another great weekend to be outdoors. It was a bit chilly Friday night (a bit below freezing), but was in the 60s on Saturday, and just above the freezing point). It was a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment