Sunday, February 15, 2009

10 mile hike

The boys and I took a 10 mile hike around the area. Most of it was on a concrete trail, but we had a bit throgh the woods and the Outdoor Learning Center. My boots are really starting to feel good. I didn't have any pain, and really no bad hot spots. We averaged 3 miles per hour (a bit slower than my normal pace), but the boys each had some hurts. One with his knee, not much to do except advil, one with his feet, we need to get better inserts with arch support.
You can see some of the scenery we saw on our trip.
.
.

.
.


.
At my work we are having a team contest to see who can walk the most. This past week, I have made it a point to do between 3 and 5 miles per day (vs. last week of 1.5-2 miles). I feel so much better after the 10 mile walk today than the 6 mile walk last weekend. I think that I am getting the hang of this.
.
Next weekend we will do a backpacking trip with 1 overnight to the Dinosaur National Park. We woll get another 10 miles in. The boys are getting some good work in towards their hiking merit badge.

No comments:

Post a Comment